Malaysia’s small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are an integral part of the nation’s economy, making up almost 40% of GDP. They represent 97.2% of the businesses and more than two-thirds of employment opportunities – which makes its development a high priority for any country. However, heightened risks and unprecedented uncertainties in the operating environment, arising from the Covid-19 pandemic have hindered entrepreneurial dynamism and growth.
To facilitate the revival of SMEs, the Malaysian government offered targeted financial assistance for SMEs. A holistic and systematic approach to financing is required in order to address needs, which range from working capital through to capital expenditure requirements.
Join us for this webinar with our panel of experts:
- Raj Tatavarty, Managing Director, Head of Business Banking Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- Masliza Zainal Abidin, Head of Marketing, Syarikat Jaminan Pembiayaan Perniagaan (SJPP)
- Czarif Chai Abdullah, Senior Director, Business Advisory & Support Division, SME Corp. Malaysia
- Ko Chuan Zhen, Group Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, Plus Xnergy Holding Sdn Bhd
- Aizat Rahim, Managing Director, Dropee
- Woon Siew Hoong, Executive Director, Head of Medium Enterprises, Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad (Moderator)
Watch the replay of the webinar here: